Toxic and combustible gas sensors for hazardous locations. Standard features include 4-20 mA output, RS-485 serial communications (DGC6 and standard Modbus-RTU protocols), alarm relay and fault relay. Optional bi-color LCD display. Available with any SSAX1-Series toxic or combustible gas sensor module.
Certified to Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL 2) and rigorous international standards including FM, CSA, ATEX and IEC.
The PolyXeta®2 sensor is used in hazardous areas including water and wastewater treatment, indoor commercial growing, bio-gas processing, and petrochemical production and distribution where the environment is rated as Class 1 (flammable vapors and gases may be present), Division 1 (ignitable concentrations of hazards exist under normal operating conditions) or Division 2 (ignitable concentrations of hazards are handled, processed or used, but which are normally in closed containers or closed systems from which they can only escape through accidental rupture or breakdown of such containers or systems), Groups A through D (specific combustible gases).
- ATEX, IEC Ex, FM and CSA certification for use in hazardous locations
- SIL 2 safety certified
- Hot-swappable, microprocessor-based X-Change sensor module for easy lifecycle maintenance
- Fault and alarm relays (30 VAC/VDC, 1 A)
- RS-485 Communications port for connection to DGC6 or other Modbus-RTU controller
- 4-20 mA analog output for gas reading plus under-/over-range and fault conditions
- Visual (LED) indication of power, alarm and fault
- Bi-color, backlit 2 x 16 character LCD (green = normal; red = alarm) (optional)
- Digital measurement filtering for high EMC immunity
- Die-cast aluminum enclosure with light grey epoxy coating with one or three wire entry ports
- Two years material and workmanship,
12 months normal exposure for sensor element